1. The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 90 days：Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K., U.S.A., and Vatican City State.
2. The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 30 days: Malaysia and Singapore.
3. Passport holders of India, Thailand, Philippines, Viet Nam, Indonesia, who also possess a valid visa or permanent residence certificate issued by U.S.A., Canada, Japan, U.K., Schengen Convention countries, Australia or New Zealand. Travelers meeting the above qualifications and having never been employed in Taiwan as blue-collar workers, have to first register information concerning their documents and personal data into the “Advance Online Registration System for the Visitors of Nationals from Five Southeast Asian Countries to Taiwan”(https://nas.immigration.gov.tw/nase/). Upon completion, the printed confirmation is used to validate the traveler during the boarding and the immigration check. During the immigration check, travelers who can not show a valid visa or permanent resident visa issued by one of the aforementioned developed countries will not be admitted into the country.
1. A passport with validity of at least six months upon entry .
(1) Visa-exempt entry only applicable to visitors holding formal passports, not including those holding emergency, temporary, other informal passports or travel documents.
(2) Japanese Citizen is entitled to validity of passport at least three months, under same other requirements) (unless otherwise stipulated by treaty or agreement)
2. A confirmed return air/sea ticket or an air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure.
3. No criminal record or not prohibited by the local authorities.
*Visit http://www.taiwan.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=140083&CtNode=3819&mp=1 for complete details.
The duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable. Travelers must depart by the end of the said 30/90 days. Visa-exempt entry cannot be converted to other types of visas.
1. Pursuant to the Statute Governing Issuance of the R.O.C. Visas in Foreign Passports, the application fee once paid is not refundable.
2. The applicant has to declare the purpose of entry honestly. The purpose of Visa application must accord with the purpose of entry. Please provide the necessary documents as stated in this notice.
3. Please be advised that failure to provide the basic documents required as listed from 1-5 will lead to delay the processing or denial of visa. The Taipei Economic and Cultural Office will inform the applicants in writing and require additional documents where it considers necessary within a designated period of time. Working days for processing are subject to change and the aforementioned working time will cease to apply. The Taipei Economic and Cultural Office reserves the right to withhold disclosure of the reason for disapproval of your visa application.
4. Applicants with nationality of mainland China are required to provide related documents showing that the applicant has resided in foreign countries for at least four years before submitting the applications.
5. The information is subject to change without notice. For updated information please refer to the official website of the Republic of China: http://www.taiwan.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=140083&CtNode=3819&mp=1
If you require a personal letter of invitation to attend the Conference, contact the conference manager by email at: [email protected]. In your email, provide the following information: complete name, mailing address, and any other details that your country of residence requires for your visa application. The Conference cannot contact or intervene with any U.S. Embassy or Consulate office abroad on your behalf so please begin your visa application process as soon as you determine that you want to attend the IEEE I2MTC 2016 Please provide as much information as possible to avoid delays in receiving your letter. You must register for the conference or have an accepted paper before requesting an invitation letter.